Here’s another food post. Lots of food posts lately. Could it be that I’m hungry most of the time. I’m not really. With the cutting down on calories, I’m being much more particular about what I’m putting in my mouth. It needs to taste GOOD! And, I’ve been wanting to try new recipes lately. We’ve been trying to eat a little better thanks to the Losing It challenge and watching Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution. I’ve been searching the blogosphere for recipes that might tempt me and not be too bad for me either. Here are some I want to try.
1. Texas Caviar – Veggies and beans – gotta be good for you
2. Chicken Taco Wraps – These you can even make ahead and freeze. Whoop!
3. Roasted Vegetables – We’re trying to get more veggies in, and you can only eat salad so many days a week!
4. Chicken Fried Rice – We are all about the fried rice lately. I haven’t done this exact recipe yet though.
5. Garlic Shrimp – Um, yummmm!
6. Whole Grain Apple Oatmeal Pancakes – They’re whole grain – therefore they’re good for you. Before you drown them in syrup that is.
7. Homemade Chewy Granola Bars – These have got to be better for you than the ones I’m buying at the store. Right?
8. Sizzling Beef with Scallions – Out of Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution cookbook. It’s filled with TONS of amazing recipes I want to try although some of the ingredients are daunting. And, has anybody every actually eaten a curry? I’ve never tried one. Are they all spicy? Sounds spicy!
9. Roasted Asparagus – I would really like to master this one for My Sweetie. It’s one of his favorite veggies.
10. Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus, Spinach, and Feta – Sounds kinda crazy and out of my comfort zone, but I think I might like it.
Do you have any recipes you think I should try with my new lifestyle?
Linked to OhAmanda’s Top Ten Tuesday.