We have a contract on the house. The inspection has been done. The due diligence period is almost over… Looks like we’re moving. In a month. Oh my!
Actually, we’re moving a bit before then because we are blessed enough to have the opportunity to house-sit for a high school friend (LOVE YOU girl) whose house is in the school district in which we want to live. Which means the Princess starts school in a little over a week, and I’ve got to get it in gear! Here’s what needs to happen and soon…
1. Gather all the paperwork to register the Princess in a new school system. (Keep in mind we’re only moving about 40 minutes away.) It’s been awhile since I’ve had to do this, and man-o-man are there lots of pieces of paper to gather. Good grief! My appointment is Friday morning. Praying I have all that I need.
2. Get the utilities on at the new house. Ya, it’s been ten years since I’ve done this one. With all the choices and decisions to make on cable alone, this is going to be hard.
3. Cancel all the utilities on the current house. That’s just lots of phone calls. Whew! Thinking about it though. Since I haven’t done this in a decade, I’m wondering if you can do some of this online. Hmmm….
4. Get the repairs done on the current house that they asked for in the inspection. Thankfully, there were only THREE things they asked for after the inspection. THREE! Praise the Lord!
5. Do yet another purge. We did a MAJOR purge in the fall when we put the house on the market. A MAJOR one. We actually have empty rooms and an almost empty closet right now. However, we can still get rid of more. If we’re not going to use it, I don’t want to move it.
6. Pack items that we won’t need at our house-sitting house and mark them accordingly. We’re only going to be in that house a few months. There’s no reason to unpack all the yearbooks, pictures albums, Princess keepsakes, etc. Those things need to go in boxes and labeled accurately so we can just put them in the basement.
7. Apparently sign the Princess up for gymnastics in the new area and not soccer. This decision was made today by the Princess herself. I’m surprised, but if that’s what she wants to do this fall, then that’s what we’ll do. I have a feeling we’ll be back to soccer in the spring though.
8. We need to go school supply shopping. I LOVE school supply shopping, and so does the Princess. We’ve got our list and plan to hit the stores on Thursday. I’m sure we’ll come back with more than we need. We always do. (This one isn’t really about the house, but it’s got to be done.)
9. Gather the troops to move us. We’re right on the cusp of the age where we can move ourselves – also known as – feed your friends so they will lift heavy stuff for you. I think we can find some folks to move the big stuff. I can move lots of the little stuff in my mama-van. If you’re interested in being part of the moving party, let me know. I always cook it up for friends that help!!!
10. Praise Him! We always knew that God would move us when He was ready for us to move and when He had found the perfect people for our house. He has orchestrated getting the Princess into the school we wanted her to be and at the beginning of the year. The couple who is purchasing our home is EXACTLY where we were when we bought it. They’ve been married about a year, and you can tell they’re buying the home in which they’re going to start their family. I’m so excited for them. The entire situation has His hand in it. Truly Blessed.
I’m sure I’m forgetting stuff. Like lots of stuff.
Does anyone have a post about moving? I need lists. LOTS of them!
Linked to Top Ten Tuesday at OhAmanda.com.